- Land Rover begins local manufacturing of the new Discovery Sport in Pune
- Bold and progressive design defines all-new Discovery family
- Design leadership and engineering integrity have created the ultimate use of interior space with class-leading versatility and optional 5+2 seating
- 17 Speakers, 825 Watts MeridianTM Surround Sound System, 9-Speed Automatic Transmission, Terrain Response® and Park Assist are other class-leading features
- The new Discovery Sport is available for sale at all authorised retail outlets
Land Rover today launched the first new member of the Discovery family, the new Discovery Sport in India with prices starting from INR 46.10 Lacs (ex-showroom, pre-octroi in Mumbai). Discovery Sport’s new design approach defines the new Discovery family with optimised volume, proportions and stance. Its progressive design and excellent engineering result in a dynamic profile, offering optimised use of interior space and 5+2 seating configurability.
Rohit Suri, President, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd (JLRIL), said:
“We would like to thank many passionate and spirited Land Rover fans and customers who have already responded by placing their advance orders for this fantastic new versatile SUV. The Discovery Sport, an exceptional combination of technology, design, off-road and on-road capability, charts a new territory which will be tough for its peers to enter into.”
The true spirit of adventure is reflected in Discovery Sport’s interior, which has been designed with the customer at its core. It features high-quality materials and a strong vertical center console graphic to reflect the premium design of the exterior, while the core Discovery value of versatility is evident everywhere. Storage solutions are integrated into the cabin with power points and USB charging sockets allowing multiple electronic devices to be charged simultaneously.
With approach, departure and break-over angles of 25, 31 and 21 degrees respectively, Terrain Response® technology and the ability to wade to 600 mm, the new Discovery Sport offers class-leading capability in all conditions.
As with every new Land Rover, safety has been a key priority in the development of the new Discovery Sport, resulting in state-of-the-art body-shell featuring both ultra-high-strength steel and lightweight aluminum. This represents a fraction of the advanced equipment available in Discovery Sport, which also includes park assist, an all-new 20.32 cm colour touch-screen with navigation and rear seat entertainment.
At launch, the new Discovery Sport will be equipped with 2.2L four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engines, available in 140 kW SD4 and 110 kW TD4 derivatives.
The new Discovery Sport is launched in India in the following models:
- 2.2L TD4 Diesel S : INR 46.10 Lacs (5 Seats)
- 2.2L TD4 Diesel SE: INR 51.01 Lacs (5 Seats), INR 52.50 Lacs (5+2 Seats)
- 2.2L TD4 Diesel HSE: INR 53.34 Lacs (5 Seats), INR 54.83 Lacs (5+2 Seats)
- 2.2L SD4 Diesel HSE Luxury: INR 60.70 Lacs (5 Seats), INR 62.18 Lacs (5+2 Seats)
Note: All prices are ex-showroom, pre-octroi in Mumbai
The prices above include best-in-class warranty for 3 years / 100,000 km (whichever is earlier) combined with a complimentary 3 year standard service pack.
The new Discovery Sport will be available in India in 7 exterior colour options with exciting interior colour-ways such as Tan / Ebony, which is available on top-of-the-line HSE Luxury model. It will be locally manufactured at Land Rover’s facility in Pune, Maharashtra.